Tigers Have Placed Eight on Preseason Award Watch Lists
Kerryon Johnson is Auburn's most versatile player. (photo: John Reed/USA TODAY Sports)
‘Tis the season for college football awards watch lists, and Auburn has placed eight Tigers on awards lists thus far. The latest two players to be honored came today with the announcements that Tré Williams and Kerryon Johnson had been selected for consideration by prestigious awards.
Williams was added to the list for the Butkus Award, which is presented to the nation’s top linebacker, and Johnson has been honored by a nomination to the Paul Hornung Award watch list.
The Hornung, named after Green Bay Packer great Paul Hornung, recognizes college football’s most versatile player. And the Butkus Award is named after the Chicago Bears’ Hall of Famer, Dick Butkus.
Williams had 3.5 sacks, a forced fumble, and 67 tackles last season while Johnson has amassed 2,078 all-purpose career yards, including 1,103 rushing, and he has a career kick return average of 25.12 yards, the seventh best in Auburn history.
It’s great to see all these guys get the recognition they deserve. And it’s also great because it means the best time of the year is just around the corner. Auburn football is only 46 days away.
A list of the players that have been placed on watch lists is after the jump.
1. Running back Kerryon Johnson – Paul Hornung Award.
2. Linebacker Tré Williams – Butkus Award.
3. Safety Tray Matthews – Bednarik Award.
4. Running back Kamryn Pettway – Maxwell Award.
5. Center Austin Golson – Rimington Trophy.
6. Kicker Daniel Carlson – Lou Groza Award.
7. Offensive Lineman Braden Smith – Outland Trophy.
8. Quarterback Jarrett Stidham – Maxwell Award.
Post A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.