Auburn Recruiting Update 2019
John Reed-USA TODAY Sports
The early signing period is only about two months away, and while this has stolen some thunder from the real National Signing Day, it is not too early to take a look at Auburn’s current recruiting class to see what may be in store.
None of these have signed yet, so anything can still happen, but based on an average of the most popular recruiting sites, Auburn comes in at or about Number 12 in the nation.
I will do a later post that includes player stats as we get closer to the early signing period, but high school football isn’t over, and numbers will change. Of course, we will have a post as players actually send in letters of intent.
I am hopeful that players will stay committed and actually send in their LOI’s given the chance of early playing time combined with the new redshirt rule.
There are now so many sports sites and recruiting sites that none of the following will be of any surprise to most, if not all, of TET readers. But, we will go through it anyway.
Who are the commits included in the 2019 recruiting class? We will list it after the break.
- 3* OT Justin Osborne – Texas has long been known to produce top notch football players, and Auburn desperately needs assistance on the offensive line. Osborne says he is solid with his commitment.
- 4* OG Keiondre Jones – Staying with help on the offensive line, Jones is thought to be solid with the Tigers and has some good numbers.
- 4* WR George Pickens – A solid wide receiver who is still being sought by the likes of Alabama and LSU. Auburn may have some work to do to keep one of the other SEC West schools from flipping him.
- 4* WR Ja’Varrius Johnson – Auburn may have some work to do to keep Johnson, but he is still saying he is a solid commit.
- * TE Tyler Fromm – I couldn’t locate a consistent ranking for the brother of QB Jake Fromm probably due to injury as I believe he has yet to play a game this season. If he holds true to his commitment, he can be an early enrollee in January. Fromm is one of Auburn’s top targets.
- 3* TE Luke Deal – This former QB has some great blocking abilities and was offered by a number of schools. Deal is another of Auburn’s top TE targets.
- 4* QB Bo Nix – Father, Patrick, played QB for Auburn and, to date the younger Nix is still a solid Auburn recruit.
- 3* DE Colby Wooden – Perhaps one of the most solid commitments, Auburn has remained on top of Clemson for this recruit. He is having a good season and can be a complement to Kevin Steele’s defense.
- 4* DE-DT Jaron Handy – Handy maintains that he is a solid Auburn commit but, again, time will tell as Handy will not be an early enrollee and has stated that he will not sign an LOI until February. But this could be a solid win for Auburn over LSU where Handy was previously committed.
- * DE Jamond Gordon – Again, I couldn’t locate a consistent ranking. Gordon has bounced back and forth between Auburn and Ole Miss and continues to visit both schools. Again, this is another who won’t enroll early and won’t sign an LOI until February.
- 5* LB Owen Pappoe – Apparently Pappoe is still a solid Auburn commit and rumor has it he is actively recruiting for the Tigers. This has the potential to be a big win.
- 4* CB Zion Puckett – This appears to be another rock-solid recruit who can enroll early. He also had offers from numerous schools. Some of those, however, were minor schools such as Alabama and Ohio State.
- * CB Cam’Ron Kelly – Again, could not find a consistent ranking, but this guy is playing an awesome role at QB at his school in Virginia with, so far, only a single loss.
- 4* CB Jaylin Simpson – Auburn had to, or may still have to, beat out South Carolina for Simpson, but he has some impressive numbers to date. Like a few others, Simpson will not be an early enrollee.
- 4* ATL Jashawn Sheffield – This is someone who routinely plays both sides of the ball, and it is not known exactly where he might fit at Auburn. He has plenty of offers but appears solid with Auburn.
Again, none of this is a done deal. I would like to see a bit more support for the offensive line, but there is still time. Auburn is still stocking up on defense but not so much on special teams, it seems.
Another couple of rumors are floating around, and if true, it seems that 5* WR Jadon Haselwood will visit Auburn this week. Former Clemson QB Kelly Bryant made a mid-week visit to the Plains. There are also reports that perhaps Jalen Hurts could move to Auburn as a graduate transfer to complete his final year of eligibility.
So, could be an interesting recruiting class. There will be more change, for sure, as Auburn has slots available.
Oh, and Auburn will beat Texas A&M 24–17.
Until the next time…
It’s Great to be an Auburn Tiger, and
Post A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.