Auburn Softball Moves on to Host Super Regional
Oaks at Jane B. Moore Field after Auburn won its NCAA Softball Regional. (photo:Todd Van Emst)
The visiting South Alabama Jaguars are a well-coached team. They play the game as it should be played. Still, there is some question whether the slide into home plate was a legal attempt to slide at all. It became evident while watching the replay that Amanda Minahan simply lost her balance while preparing for the collision at home plate with Auburn’s Carlee Wallace.
Wallace stood her ground at home plate and took the hit, although she never had possession of the ball. During the collision the true freshman’s head hit the ground very hard. As the 37-minute delay-filled inning ended, South Alabama had scored 3 runs to go ahead of Auburn 4-2.
When asked in the postgame interview about that inning, Kasey Cooper stated “After the incident at home plate, we were playing for her. We just needed to control and contain them that inning, and we told Rachael, you get us out of this inning, we will win for you.”
Win it they did. As the last inning unfolded, their injured teammate was in the dugout watching and cheering them on to vict’ry.
The very next inning Auburn recaptured the lead by scoring 4 runs. Adding an insurance run in the 6th inning, the celebration was on.
This historic run by a gutsy and competitive bunch of girls is moving on in the NCAA Tournament. Auburn will play host to a Super Regional with the opportunity to move on to Oklahoma City in the Women’s College World Series.
Early Signing Period Threatens the Circus of National Signing DayRecruiting for college football takes a new route this week. Normally coming on the first Saturday of February well after the bowl...
Read Article →
From Playoff to the Peach Bowl: A Look at Ticket PricesMany of our readers may recall that before the season began, I was approached by Devin Herzoff of Interdependence Relations. He wa...
Read Article →
Will Auburn Be Facing a Hostile Crowd in the Peach Bowl?With each passing day it's looking as if Auburn's opponent in the Peach Bowl may be moving toward having a home field advantage. W...
Read Article →
Welcome To Track 'Em Tigers
Serving the Auburn Community since 2005. If you haven't already done so, create an account and join in the conversation.
- For the love of the game….. - Comment »
- Steele Reportedly Interviewing for Tennessee HC Job - Comment »
- OK Gus…..I Concede—You Get Another Year - 3 Comments »
- ex A.D. put us here repost from 11-21-16 - Comment »
- Jay Jacobs Stepping Down as Auburn Athletic Director - 1 Comment »
- Go back to my comments after Mercer - 1 Comment »
- Cowart reportedly has requested release from Auburn - Comments Off on Cowart reportedly has requested release from Auburn
- Anyone making the trek to Columbia this week? - 2 Comments »
- Sean White dismissed from team….Malzahn officially on the banana peel - 1 Comment »
- Art Briles? - 4 Comments »
- Carl Lawson in Cincinnati Bengals Training Camp - 3 Comments »
- Old Friends – Good article! - 1 Comment »
Track ‘Em Tigers Store
- AUBURN RIVALS
- AUBURN UNDERCOVER
- OFFICIAL AUBURN SITE
- AU FAMILY.COM
- THE WAR EAGLE READER
- WAR EAGLE DAILY
- AL.COM AUBURN FOOTBALL
- SPORTS OVERDOSE
- THE AUBURNER
- AUBURN TIGER BLOGGIN
- FROM THE BLEACHERS
- HEART OF AUBURN
- AUBURN PLAINSMAN
- WAR EAGLE EXTRA
- AUBURN CHAT SPORTS
- AUBURN SPORT SPYDER
- AUBURN FAMILY NEWS
- ESPN AUBURN FOOTBALL
- CBS AUBURN FOOTBALL
- SPORTING NEWS AUBURN FOOTBALL
- OPELIKA-AUBURN NEWS
- MONTGOMERY ADVERTISER
- DOTHAN EAGLE
- TIGERS X.COM
- AUBURN ALUMNI ASSOCIATION