From Auburn Sports Information…
- Auburn is looking to start a season 4-0 for the third time in the last six seasons and first time since 2006.
- Auburn has won 18 consecutive games overall and 10 consecutive games at Jordan-Hare Stadium with Gene Chizik on the coaching staff.
- Auburn has come from behind to win in all three of its games this season.
- Auburn has scored 127 points this season, which is just two points less than the Tigers scored in their first seven games last year.
- Auburn has scored in every quarter this season, including touchdowns in 11 of 12 quarters.
- Auburn is tied for second in the nation in turnover margin (+2.3), tied for second in interceptions (eight) and tied for third in turnovers forced (10).
- Auburn has outscored its opponents 66-19 in the second half, including a 35-7 margin in the fourth quarter.
- Auburn ranks sixth in the nation in rushing offense (263.7) and eighth nationally in total offense (515.0).
- Auburn has recorded three straight games of 400 or more yards of offense for the first time since 2004, and first time in the first three games of a season since 2000.
- Auburn is tied for seventh nationally in first downs (25.3) and has had at least 20 in all three games.
- Auburn is 18-3 in home night games since the 2000 season, including victories over four nationally-ranked teams.
- Senior Ben Tate leads the SEC and ranks ninth nationally in rushing (116.3), and is ninth in school history with 2,308 career rushing yards.
- Senior defensive end Antonio Coleman has 16.5 career sacks, which ranks eighth in Auburn history for career sacks.
- Auburn has won 52 consecutive games when scoring 30 or more points in a game, dating back to a 56-49, four-overtime loss to Georgia in 1996.
BALL STATE QUICK HITTERS…
- Ball State won the Mid-American Conference West Division Championship in 2008 and made the school’s first-ever back-to back bowl appearances – 2007 International Bowl and 2008 GMAC Bowl.
- Ball State lost four starters on the offensive line from its 2008 team – three of which were drafted or competed as free agents in National Football League camps.
- Running back MiQuale Lewis was a 2008 All Mid-American Conference First-Team selection after rushing for a Ball State single-season record 1,736 yards, and ranks sixth in Ball State’s record books for career rushing yards with 2,604.
- The Cardinals have gone 49 straight games without being shutout, which is the third longest stretch in Ball State history.
- Junior defensive lineman Robert Eddins has seven tackles for loss, which is tied for third most in the nation.
- Co-Captain Brandon Crawford, who turned 33 in August, was named to the All-MAC Second Team as a defensive end last year after earning third-team honors in 2007.
Auburn and Ball State have met twice previously this decade, with the Tigers winning twice at home, by scores of 30-0 in 2001 and 63-3 in 2005. In the 2005 game, Auburn had the ball nine times, and scored touchdowns on all nine possessions while amassing 572 yards of total offense, including 390 on the ground. The Tiger defense stole the show in 2001, holding Ball State to 92 yards of offense while not allowing the Cardinals past midfield the entire game.